26 August 2018 – Auckland Castle
7 Quakers completed the lovely local trail race at Auckland Castle. Nick Watson took 50 club championship points in an age adjusted time of 32:16. Rob Dent took 49 points in a time of 36:22 and Phil Rutter took 48 points finishing in 36:53.
29 August 2018 – Roseberry Topping
5 Quakers completed the undulating 1.5 mile race at Roseberry Topping last week. It looked like an amazing event that was definitely challenging.
Simon Rek got 50 club championship points in an age adjusted time of 15:37, followed by Phil Rutter getting 49 points in 15:52. Rob Dent got 48 points in a time of 17:20.
Great running by everyone who took part!
Marc Ellis is leading the table so far with 495 points. Rob Gillham is in 2nd place with 462 points and Julie Whinn is in 3rd place with 382 points. It is fantastic seeing everyone’s progress week by week!
There are still 14 races left before we conclude the club championship for 2018, so there is still plenty of time to take part and plenty of time to keep it interesting!
The upcoming Club Championship Races for the rest of September and October 2018 are:
- 03/09/2018 – Quaker Mile – Eastbourne Track – Enter on the night.
- 05/09/2018 – Autumn Coast Ride (5km) – event full.
- 09/09/2018 – Vale of York Half Marathon -Entries are still open at: https://racebest.com/races/qtuy4/enter
- 22/09/2018 – Snape 10km (Trail Race) – Paper entry form can be downloaded here: https://www.runningdiary.co.uk/view/21066 – Entries are also open on the day.
- 23/09/2018 – Thirsk Relays
- 30/09/2018 – Redcar Half Marathon
- 14/10/2018 – Richmond Castle 10km
- 21/10/2018 – Yorkshire Coast 10km
- 28/10/2018 – Town Moor Half Marathon
The latest Club Championship table, and details of all races can be found on the Club Championship page. Please look and book now to avoid disappointment.