Tuesday 7th December 2021
Monday 16th March 2020
A MESSAGE FROM OUR CHAIRMAN
Following the Government announcement today about the new measures being put in place to manage the Coronavirus pandemic; the management committee has taken the difficult decision to postpone club training sessions until further notice. This means we will NOT meet at Abbey Road until the current guidance changes.
We will of course continue to closely monitor the shifting situation and we will always seek to act on the latest Government advice. This decision has not been taken lightly and is done so with members very best interests at heart. We will continue to update you on the situation through this Facebook page and through special additions of the QRC newsletter.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to every single member of the management committee for their professionalism and the time they give to our club.
Stay safe everyone.
Thursday 1 March 2018
ALL SESSIONS CANCELLED
A Met Office amber weather warning is in effect until 18:00 on Thursday 1 March 2018, and a yellow warning until Saturday 3 March 2018. Current conditions are snow over compacted ice on pavements, many roads are icy and slushy, and temperatures are expected to stay below freezing.
These conditions remain completely unsuitable for training, so in the interests of safety, ALL SESSIONS are CANCELLED for Thursday 1 March 2018.
Tuesday 27 February 2018
CLUB STEADY RUN CANCELLED
The Met Office have issued a Yellow Warning of Snow in Darlington, from 00:05 on Tuesday 27 February 2018 to 23:55 on Thursday 1 March 2018.
Given the current conditions, and with forecasts indicating further snowfall, and sub-zero temperatures this evening, we have therefore CANCELLED this evening’s Club Steady Run, in the interests of safety.
We hope to resume our training schedule on Thursday 1 March 2018, but with further sever weather forecast for this week, please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for up to date information.
We were due to have representatives from Brooks and Up & Running joining us for this session – we will try to reschedule this event for an alternative date in March.
Sunday 21 January 2018
SUNDAY SOCIAL RUN CANCELLED
It is with regret that Coach Ian YOUNG has cancelled the planned Sunday Social Run tomorrow.
Ian has been out early this morning, and the footpaths are still in an icy condition. There is a Met Office Amber Weather Warning for more snow on Sunday, so in the interests of safety we have no choice but to cancel.
Weather permitting, Ian has stated that he will take out a Sunday Social Run next Sunday (28 January 2018), and hopefully this early notification enables Members to make alternative plans (XC at Ormesby Hall, perhaps!)
Friday 19 – Saturday 20 January 2018
TRACK SESSIONS CANCELLED
The current icy weather conditions mean the track is currently unsuitable for running. We regrettably cancel the planned track sessions tonight and tomorrow morning.
Thursday 18 January 2018
ALL SESSIONS CANCELLED
We have inspected the route for the Main Session tonight and there is still a large amount of snow on the route, with some cut up into ruts. We envisage that these will be extremely dangerous as they freeze tonight.
Other routes around the West End of Darlington are in a similar condition, and will potentially be treacherous in the dark.
In the interest of safety, we regrettably cancel all this evening’s sessions.
Tuesday 16 January 2018
MAIN SESSION CANCELLED
Pavement surfaces around the town are in variable condition, ranging from good to extremely icy – with temperatures falling this evening, their condition appears to be deteriorating.
With the safety of all runners in mind, we have therefore cancelled the main session – conditions are not appropriate for a speed training session.
The 10 min / mile and 12 min / mile steady runs will go ahead, on the understanding that conditions will be continuously reviewed.
The Beginner’s Group will go ahead as planned.
We hope to resume our regular training schedule on Thursday 18 January 2018. Please keep an eye on our social media channels for up to date information.
Tuesday 12 December 2017
ALL SESSIONS CANCELLED
Pavement surfaces around the town are in variable condition, ranging from extremely icy to wet, with temperatures expected to fall this evening.
With the safety of all runners in mind, we have therefore CANCELLED all training sessions this evening, including the main session and all steady runs.
We hope to resume our training schedule on Thursday 14 December 2017. Please keep an eye on our social media channels for up to date information.